- Age 50+: smartphones (74%), tablet (53%), PC/Mac (78%)
- Ages 35-49: smartphones (82%), tablet (66%), PC/Mac (78%)
- Age <35: smartphones (91%), tablet (68%), PC/Mac (80%)
- Smartphone usage was at 71% in 2013; it is above that across all three demographic segments in 2014
- PC/Mac usage is higher among men than women (85% vs. 71%)
The last decade has been nothing short of phenomenal in how mobile technology has transformed how we access information. It wasn't so long ago that a participant had to call a customer service center and listen to a menu of voice prompts to get account information. The incredible popularity of smartphones and other mobile technology has enabled participants to easily access account information 24/7.