- Cyber Monday sales grew 20.6% over 2012
- Mobile traffic represented about 1/3 of all online traffic, a 45% increase over 2012
- While mobile sales represented just 1/6 of online sales, this was a significant increase of 55% over 2012
- Smartphone users tended to browse more, while tablet users tended to buy more
- Cyber Monday growth was up 31.5% over Black Friday in 2013, but Black Friday shoppers spent more per order
Undoubtedly, the ease of use and mobility of smartphones and tablets is here to stay. People love being connected not only to friends sand family, but to information as well. Tablets are much smaller and lighter than laptops, reducing the schlep factor. The growing importance of mobile devices most likely led to the recent decision to ease restrictions on using them on airplane flights. With the ability to download apps of your own choosing, I think we can say that tablets and smartphones have truly become the personal computers of 2013 and the foreseeable future.